- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
JOB ID: EN57745436_ONLE_10
The Process Research and Chemical Engineering Research Division brings together a variety of competencies, including inorganic chemistry, organic synthesis, battery research, catalysis, process development and technology, as well as technical services for laboratories/technical centers. In interdisciplinary global teams, we develop innovative products, processes and technologies for a sustainable future and work with internal and external customers.
The unit Process Development Industrial Biotechnology contributes significantly to the success of BASF in the field of enzymes.
Alongside process development in the area of industrial biotechnology, for example for vitamins or biological crop protection, we use our expertise to develop new production processes for enzymes, drive existing ones forward and implement our results in production.
- You will develop innovative and sustainable process concepts for fermentation and processing of enzymes and will evaluate these with an eye to their cost-effectiveness.
- Furthermore, you will also perform technology evaluations and optimize existing processes, in close cooperation with our production and technology experts.
- Adapting existing processes for new enzymes and being responsible for scaling and transfer to production is part of your duties.
- You will ensure process documentation for transfer to plant engineering and will provide support during commissioning of new plants and systems.
- In order to be informed of new methods, market trends, and competitors' activities, you will maintain an extensive network of contacts with operational units and partners within the scientific and research community.
- Additionally, you will initiate risk assessments and ensure compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- You have relevant professional experience in the fields of fermentation or downstream processing in an industrial setting.
- In particular, you are familiar with developing processes and scale-up of products in industrial/white biotechnology.
- The academic foundation for your expertise is formed by a degree in chemical engineering or process engineering (especially bioprocess engineering), ideally with the addition of a doctorate in bioprocess engineering.
- To achieve goals together, you enjoy working as part of a team and actively contribute your ideas and creative solutions in order to drive processes of change forward.
- Your targeted, clear communication style allows you to convey even complex matters in an understandable manner.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Do you have questions regarding the application process or position? Ms. Fabienne Gläsel (Talent Acquisition) Tel.-Nr.: +49 (0)30 2005 58121
Cooperation with recruitment agencies is not accepted.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at on.basf.com/Headquarters
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.