Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Paint Process Engineer will be the technical subject matter expert of their assigned process. He/she will be expected to determine the most effective method(s) of processing while improving cycle times, reducing downtime, lowering cost, and driving improvements in overall Paint quality in order to ensure the continued performance of the process.
- Understand assigned process area and associated equipment.
- Ensure assigned process is capable of meeting specified requirements.
- Continually monitor process Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Assess/analyze current processes and drive improvement projects for Safety, Quality, Throughput, and Cost.
- Ensure critical process parameters are properly documented and tracked using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies.
- Ensure appropriate TPM systems are in place and appropriate actions taken to maintain the facility in good operating condition.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance to process Control Plan per PFMEA.
- Continually monitor key product characteristics.
- Interact with Quality team to correct, contain, and resolve product quality concerns.
- Support new model/product/material introductions in coordination with Design Engineering, New Product Introduction team, Quality, and other parties as needed.
- Lead engineering technicians in day to day operations of their process.
- Create process plans, bid packages, and project specifications.
- Procure equipment, track budget costs, and project schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing/Industrial, or Chemical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, or equivalent in experience.
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering principles to identify and drive non-standard solutions to solve manufacturing constraints.
- Comfortable providing clear and focused technical guidance to outside engineering resources, as well as the Production Team.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environment with minimal guidance, self-starter, yet team player.
- Ability to manage one or more projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills when working with internal groupS and outside vendors.
- Fluent speaker of the English and German language.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Catia, or Solid Works is a plus.
- Good overall people management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Application for this role must be done in English.