Are you ready to join a small but very multinational team in a challenging role? Within Nestlé’s worldwide research and development network, the Nestlé Product Technology Centre FOOD with the central seat in Singen, Germany, is responsible for the innovation and renovation of culinary products. The Nestlé PTC Food is the home of food, bringing culinary art to a level that can be practiced at home or used in a professional kitchen. NPTC FOOD transforms science into technologies that deliver tasty and balanced meals with the highest freshness perception and convenience.
Working Time: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
You will provide NPTC Food modules with the required competence on automation and IT systems, control and systems engineering to effectively support introducing NEW and improving EXISTING manufacturing / operational activities. You will be key player in the PAT module.
A day in the life of...
- Pro-active member of the NPTC Food PAT and E&A team
- Develop solutions for industrial problems / opportunities by using automation / IT / mechanical technology
- Apply mechatronic solutions to the transfer of material, components or finished goods
- Assessment / development / start-up / support of PAT tools for culinary business
- Data acquisition and basic use of chemometrics (mathematical and statistical methods to improve the understanding of process information and to correlate quality / performance parameters respectively chemical / physical properties to analytical instrument data)
- Design and develop engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks
- Develop automation and digital concepts & projects execution, design electrical constructions and programs for PLC, HMI, drives, etc.
- Support / lead of development (I2L) projects from E2E (concept, URS, design phase, FAT, installation, commissioning, knowledge management)
- Carry out modelling and analysis of mechanical, electrical or other systems using software tools
- Software development of automation applications for internal CAPEX, development and technical assistance projects
- Coordinate and supervise E&A installation and maintenance work done by technicians and contractors
- Apply local and company related regulations regarding safety of electrical installations
- Always ensure the technical integrity and performance of the PAT equipment linked to E&A and safe installations and operations through proper design, protection systems, procedures and training
What will make you successful
- Degree or diploma in engineering, preferably mechatronics engineering
- Several years of experience in the field of engineering in a manufacturing facility
- Good understanding for mechanical / process engineering
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements for Safety Health Environment and Food Safety
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation and process control, man/machine interfaces and communication, computer hardware / network etc.
- Experience in project management and holistic digital solutions
- Analytical & methodical skills in Problem Solving
- Curiosity, initiative, focus on results and proactive cooperation
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in English, German & French is desirable
Ready for the next step?
Please apply online - don't forget to indicate the earliest possible starting date and attach all relevant documents. Your contact person for this position is Jacqueline Zeuner.
Nestlé wants to be a really good partner for you. With our offer for flexible working time and several work-life balance initiatives, we want to make sure that you can find a good harmony between your professional and personal life. If you are also looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding position in a great international atmosphere with other benefits like a company pension fund and individual offers for further development we would love to hear from you.