As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We have been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The clinical applied NMR development team of Bruker’s AIC Division develops automation methods for bodyfluid NMR for the clinical and translational research market and supports respective customers worldwide. It is a multidisciplinary international team covering a wide range of expertises including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Statistics and Programming. The team has recently moved into a new biosafety level II facility equipped with multiple 600 MHz NMR IVDr Systems and complemented with Hyphenation and MS based instrumentation as well as with sample preparation robotics.
- Support the development of automation methods for clinical/translational High-Resolution NMR analysis including sample preparation, acquisition, data analysis (statistical and quantification) and reporting.
- Support the development and validation of Bruker’s bodyfluid NMR SOPs, the B.I Methods, and data analysis tools for NMR based Lipoprotein subclass analysis, ie. B.I.LISA™ and NMR based quantification of metabolites in bodyfluids.
- Support development of HR-MAS methods for NMR in biological tissues including related support of customers and cooperation partners working in that field.
- Develop routines for automated instrument and quality control tailored to the needs of clinical/translational High-Resolution NMR.
- Support clinical applied NMR development team in all projects related to clinical and translational research including running large-scale NMR screening studies with up to several thousand samples.
- Support maintenance and further development of the biosafety level II NMR facility.
- Support the clinical market product management team in their market development projects.
- Support Bruker’s service and support team regarding validation, installation, maintenance and customer support for IVDr™ and potential future platforms.
- Representation of the company and promotion of the product portfolio at congresses or seminars.
- Support customer training
- Master or PhD in chemistry.
- Sound knowledge of NMR theory and experiment.
- Sound knowledge of non-NMR spectroscopic techniques.
- Experience in NMR based analysis of biological mixtures, i.e. quantification of metabolites and application of chemometrics and multivariate statistics as well as identification of unknowns.
- Working experience with Matlab and other programming languages based data analysis would be an advantage.
- Working experience with HR-MAS NMR would be an advantage.
- Working experience in clinical epidemiology would be an advantage.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with German and international collogues, collaboration partners and customers is a must.
- Being a team worker with excellent communication skills is a must.
- Willingness to strongly contribute to challenging developmental as well as to daily routine work in clinical High-Resolution NMR.
- Willingness to travel worldwide.
- Willingness to work in a biosafety level-II laboratory.
- Proficiency in English mandatory, proficiency in German is an advantage.