COMPANY: BASF Coatings GmbH
JOB ID: EN58710184_ONLE_2
In the Coatings Division, we are focused on the development, production and marketing of a variety of coating solutions -from applied surface technologies to automotive paints. Working in global teams, we promote innovation, design and new applications in order to meet our partners' needs. The "Innovation Beyond Paint" program rounds off our portfolio. It is aimed at the development of new markets and business models.
Our Technology Field Color unit is the competence center for color within the BASF Group. We secure the know-how in all aspects of color science, from color identification to formulation, production, virtual colors and color design within the entire "Coatings" business unit and support other BASF units with our knowledge.
- As an Engineer / Scientist for high-frequency technology you characterize the interaction of radar radiation with automotive coatings.
- You will set up a measurement technique suitable for paint structures to determine relevant parameters such as R/T/A and variables derived from them.
- Starting from material properties, you will simulate the radar characteristics of paint structures.
- You will correlate simulations and measurements for isolated materials and layered material systems.
- Furthermore, you will identify and evaluate new materials and coating systems with optimized radar functionality.
- master's degree or doctorate in electrical engineering, high-frequency engineering, communications engineering, physics or a related field with above-average grades
- good knowledge of dielectric characteristics of materials
- experience with high frequency measurement methods and high frequency simulation software
- programming experience (e.g. C, C ++, Python)
- ideally, knowledge of radar sensors in automotive applications
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Ms. Gesa Schrader (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 5781
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents
Learn more about BASF Coatings GmbH at https://on.basf.com/ECoatings
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.