Req. ID: 69016
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and
successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through
extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's
incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our
employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our
goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story
The successful Manufacturing Engineer – Automation, will gain
broad-based industrial maintenance experience, encompassing Electrical/PLC,
Robotics, Mechanical, Painting, Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Conveyor
systems, etc. He/she must be willing to tackle whatever technical challenge
presents itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas
- Drive development and continuous improvement of equipment, paint and sealer processes and standards within the Paint shop.
- Perform root cause analysis on equipment bad actors and major unplanned downtime. Develop and implement solutions using problem solving analysis such 8D and several other tools.
- Work in a team of engineers and technicians as an in-house integration team that scopes and executes projects from concept through to start-up and commissioning.
- Foster a creative and innovative environment to seek out novel but practical solutions to day-to-day problems and projects.
- Become subject matter expert on all equipment – mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and controls – and train other engineers and technicians in the Paint shop.
- Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the maintenance management.
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development, cost reduction and improvement working with Spares Coordinator and Maintenance Engineering to RMA faulty components and communicate needs to the vendor.
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Active leader of a TPM team while taking on improvement projects to assist in improving the factory.
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement Projects.
- Escalation route for production line equipment: alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests to minimize downtime.
- Drive quality concerns and voice of the customer to the paint process and implement changes based on these requirements.
- Become subject matter expert on paint key process input variables such as paint incoming quality, mix room operations and others.
- Minimum BS Degree on Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (other Technical Disciplines Encouraged to apply), or equivalent in experience.
- Knowledge on paint and sealer processes and robot programming (Durr equipment is a plus).
- Knowledge of Color harmony processes desired.
- Manufacturing supervision experience preferred.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team oriented work environment.
- PLC Programming Experience, Siemens S7 and/or Rockwell ControlLogix.
- Enjoys Troubleshooting and Problem Solving.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
- Proficient in the use of computer software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc.).
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Willing to perform shift work (nights) and overtime as required.
- Fluency in the German and English language.
Application for this role needs to be done in English.