- Biberach an der Riß
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
In our Bioprocess Development Department, we are looking for a highly talented and motivated Scientist experienced with digitalization concepts for downstream bioprocess development. As Scientist, you actively assess cutting-edge technologies and develop solutions for traditional problems in Early Stage. You have the chance to lead the implementation of novel development concepts and ideas within R&D teams to increase process knowledge, improve product quality and reduce development timelines where possible. With your scientific background and expertise in mechanistic and statistical modelling, you are a creative driver of change and strive for excellence for the benefit of our patients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role as Scientist, you will lead, coach and coordinate the digital bioprocess development in Early Stage for downstream development to bring innovative therapeutic drugs to the patient.
- You are responsible for the characterization and optimization of Early Stage protein purification processes and concepts in silico.
- Furthermore, you will coach and support the project- and development teams in an interdisciplinary matrix organization.
- You are the principal investigator for technology development projects including scientific supervision of students and/ or technical staff, planning, execution and implementation
- With your in depth knowledge, you deliver high-quality data and results including an excellent communication and presentation to the stakeholders (e.g. line management).
- You have an active role in developing the team's role in digitalization, capabilities, fostering the collaborative spirit of the group and the group’s interfaces to internal and external partner.
- PhD in bioinformatics, bioengineering, biotechnology or equivalentwith first professional experience, alternatively master’s degree with several years of professional experience
- Strong background on mechanistic and statistic modeling and technical expertise in purification of biologicals
- In depth knowledge in relevant scientific software used for mechanistic modeling, e.g. ChromeX or CADET and a strong expertise in protein analytical methods
- Strong proactive team collaboration as well as self-organization skills to find new solutions
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence without direct authority in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral as well as scientific and technical writing and documentation competencies in English
Effects of COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Ready to contact us?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.