Requisition ID: 37055
Grünenthal is a global leader in pain management and related diseases. We’re driven to seek effective, life-changing medicines and solutions for patients with severe diseases and high unmet medical needs. We’re focussing all of our activities and efforts on moving towards our vision of a world free of pain. As a science-based, privately-owned pharmaceutical company, we have a long track record of bringing innovative treatments and state-of-the-art technologies to people living with pain worldwide.
Grünenthal is headquartered in Aachen, Germany, and has affiliates in 30 countries across Europe, Latin America and the US. Our products are sold in more than 100 countries. In 2018, we employed around 4,900 people and achieved sales of € 1.3 billion.
As a player in an innovative, fast-paced market, we offer an exciting working environment and wide-ranging individual development opportunities. Our shared values form the basis for the way we work: We embrace diversity, put patients at the centre of our decisions, live entrepreneurship, join forces, drive performance and act with integrity.
Join us at Grünenthal, unleash your full potential and help us change lives for the better.
What the job looks like
Each day you'll enjoy a variety of challenges, such as:
- You support preclinical project teams in a highly virtualized environment with the objective to deliver drug candidates
- You are responsible for the optimization of biological active compounds (or peptides or oligonucleotides) based on your medicinal chemistry expertise
- You independently design, plan, supervise the synthesis of small molecules (or peptides or oligonucleotides) and interpret complex data sets to identify high quality clinical candidates
- You drive and optimize the DMTA (design, make, test, analyze) cycle to optimize on efficiency as well as on high quality design based on deep data analysis (liaise with Computational Chemists)
- You work in close collaboration with interdisciplinary project teams and present your results internally and externally
What you'll bring to the table
To make the most of this role and truly thrive, you should have:
- You have a PhD in preparative organic chemistry and postdoctoral experience in a field of synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or drug discovery (SMOLS or peptides or oligonucleotides); multiyear industrial experience in medicinal chemistry would be a plus
- You have a comprehensive knowledge in modern synthetic methodologies and the demonstrated ability to do successful research (first author publications in peer-reviewed journals)
- You have proven experience in leading and working in international teams
- You are able to work in a highly outsourced model (e.g. good at planning, flexible, quick acting, foresees problems, good communication skills etc.)
- You have fluent business English language skills in speaking and writing, German language skills beneficial
More information: careers.grunenthal.com
Your HR Contact: Angelika Will