- Weitere Ingenieurwissenschaften
- Biberach an der Riß
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Systems Pharmacology Expert-2010311
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
The Clinical Bioinformatics and Systems Pharmacology team of Boehringer Ingelheim is looking for highly motivated scientists to support our development and applications of systems pharmacology (SP). Our team is part of Digital TMCP (Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology), a newly established global function with key focus on improving disease understanding through advanced integrative data analyses and modelling. This way, we support clinical development programs with critical decision-making and digital approaches for biomarker applications.
In your new role as a member of the Clinical Bioinformatics and Systems Pharmacology team you contribute to our systems pharmacology activities in various disease areas. Moreover, you act as systems pharmacology scientist in drug development teams working closely together with colleagues from Bioinformatics, Pharmacometrics, Clinical Pharmacology, Medicine and Research.
The position can be filled at a Scientist, Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist level dependent on relevant industry experience.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you are responsible for the development and application of Systems Pharmacology approaches.
- You lead analysis teams, initiatives and workgroups (internally or externally) for (quantitative) SP modelling across projects or specific applications to clinical development.
- By integrating multiple data sources, you build mechanistic models to enhance disease, biomarker and drug understanding.
- Proactively you plan and perform modelling and simulation tasks and present the results to relevant clinical and pre-clinical teams.
- With your innovative mindset, you contribute to the evaluation and implementation of new analysis methods and software.
- PhD in Systems Pharmacology, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Physics, Engineering or a related life sciences field with experience in Systems Pharmacology.
- Demonstrated skills in translating research questions into systems pharmacology approaches, mathematical models, numerical methodologies (e.g. ODE systems and parameter identification), data analysis, statistics and visualization.
- Proficiency in the use of modelling and computational tools such as R, MATLAB, Python and SimBiology.
- Knowledge of requirements and methods in modern drug development is a plus.
- Enthusiastic about staying up-to-date with scientific and technological developments in the area of Systems Pharmacology.
- Pro-active, creative and open-minded team player motivated to work in highly dynamic cross-functional project teams (global, multicultural and in virtual teams).
- Strong communications skills to precisely communicate research findings.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Ready to contact us?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Benjamin Witte, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-176426
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.