A unique position for a senior HPC leader to help to shape the future of HPC software and hardware platforms.
Your responsibilities will involve
- Driving the application-side development and adoption of the Intel OneAPI software stack for XPUs.
- Driving application development for the Exascale age in Europe (EMEA)
- Conducting hardware/software co-design projects with leading European HPC compute centers.
- Representing Intel in industry bodies.
- Disseminating technical knowledge through publication in academic journals and conferences
A successful candidate should have
- MS degree (or equivalent) in a scientific or engineering discipline, a PhD is a strong plus.
- In-depth experience in software development for HPC applications is required.
- In-depth hardware/software co-design experience.
- Experience in programming in C/C++ and FORTRAN, modern scripting languages (e.g., Python*, Perl*, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of Intel Architecture/assembly language.
- Working knowledge of a Linux*/UNIX* family operating system is required;
- In-depth experience with parallel programming models, such as MPI and OpenMP;
- In-depth experience with heterogeneous GPU computing using SYCL, OpenMP Offload, OpenCL and CUDA;
- Closer familiarity with Linux architecture, OS kernel level and driver development experience will be helpful.
- Strong Linux networking and storage administration skills would be a significant plus.
- Track record of technical publication
The strongest candidates have
- The successful candidate has a proven track record in leading software projects in the HPC field
- Experience in the development of parallel runtime systems
- In-depth knowledge of Many-core processor architectures, Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX), Intel software tools (MKL, MPI, TBB, Intel Compilers, VTune, etc.);
- Experience in planning and execution of software projects, as well as in software testing, benchmarking, analyzing, and optimizing is a strong plus.
- A desire to acquaint themselves with new domain sciences to help customers work on open research questions or novel algorithmic performance optimizations.
- Extensive mentoring skills and experience with the development of technical leaders
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.