About The Opportunity
- test engineer and technical expert concerning component strength and endurance
- technical review of test requests – coordination of test activities with test manager and requesters
- independent planning, preparation, execution, evaluation, conclusion and reporting of test requests (physical tests, calculations and analysis of side-/propshafts from customer vehicle tests)
- development and planning of special tests to determine limit loads of our products concerning strength, endurance and thermal behavior
- development of necessary test specifications according to changing requirements in cooperation with GKN strength and endurance teams
- technical expert concerning component strength and fatigue for CVJ systems in DLD - contact person concerning problems/questions of driveshafts and components for application engineering, quality and other departments
- technical guidance of team members
- active cooperation in the department
- coordination of repairs
- planning and execution of necessary maintenance and housekeeping activities – consequent implementation of GKN Lean Enterprise philosophy
- compliance of legal rules and GKN/DLD-instructions concerning safety and environment protection
- cost awareness
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- University (Bachelor) degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Local language - Essential (German)
- English language - Essential
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.