Globalfoundries is a world-leading contract manufacturer for the global semiconductor industry with facilities in Dresden, Singapore, New York and Vermont (USA). Our products are used in various technical applications, e.g. mobile communications, consumer electronics, automotive and Internet of Things. Globalfoundries employs around 16,000 people worldwide, including 3,200 in Dresden
As Junior Technology Integration Engineer you will participate in advanced technology manufacturing and development in GLOBALFOUNDRIES' state-of-the-art 300 mm wafer fab (Fab1) in Dresden, Germany. You will work in an intercultural team with interfaces to different production sites. Reporting to the Fab1 Integration management, the primary responsibility of this position is to manage an integrated CMOS process flow, drive improvements to enhance yield, reliability and manufacturability of this flow, as well as understand and meet the customer needs from Fab1.
- Develop, optimize and stabilize process integration for 55, 40, 28, 22nm nodes. Focus is the interaction between design, technology development projects and customer specific requirements - to meet the physical and the electrical requirements of leading edge semiconductor technologies in a foundry environment
- Identify, mitigate and reduce production risks. Drive improvements in yield and manufacturability across the CMOS process flow
- Stabilize the technology platform and reduce variability
- Collaborate with Fab1 teams, specifically with advanced module engineering, yield engineering, design, manufacturing inline control, quality, reliability and analysis labs.
- M.Sc. / Dipl.-Ing in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant technical discipline is required, PhD is welcome
- up to 2 years of semiconductor process experience in multiple process modules or process integration and experience in advanced technology (<=28nm) is preferred
- You should have a solid knowledge of semiconductor physics, modern CMOS process integration, with some exposure to process integration, design or semiconductor processing, with deeper knowledge of minimum one of these areas
- Exposure to semiconductor volume manufacturing methods, statistical methods, lean-six-sigma-methods, external customer interactions and multiple-culture working environments would be very beneficial
- Additional technical experience in reliability engineering, defect inspection and reduction and yield enhancement would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to work in cross-functional teams
The position is open-ended and should be filled as soon as possible.
Our attractive salary and the social benefits of an international company speak for themselves: 13 monthly salaries, bonus payments, and attractive vacation conditions. We provide you with financial support when you move to Dresden if you live more than 100 km away. For additional free time, you may be able to convert parts of your 13th monthly salary into free time. The continued payment of wages in case of illness is a matter of course. You can expect regular training and interesting development prospects. Further attractive fringe benefits can be found in detail at