COMPANY: BASF Services Europe GmbH
JOB ID: EN59176070_ONLE_3
In Global Business Services, we support BASF's divisions with a cross-functional network and offer modern solutions tailored to the needs of the business. As a specialized service unit we ensure a high level of customer orientation and we design our services to be cooperative, efficient and future-oriented.
As a Product Safety Specialist based in Berlin, you will be part of the Product Safety team for EMEA, who ensures, that sales & marketing of our chemical products comply with national chemical legislation within these countries. You will also be responding to customer questions with regards to Product Safety for Ireland and the Baltic countries.
- You monitor and implement national chemical and trade control legislation for Ireland and Baltics.
- Furthermore you ensure compliance with legal chemical reporting regarding marketing of our products for Ireland and Baltics.
- You answer customer questions for Ireland and Baltics.
- You ensure compliance and reporting following national implementation of the packaging waste directive for the Baltic and Nordic countries, UK and Ireland.
- You must also be prepared to cover for colleagues in the team when needed, just as the responsibilities within these positions may be adjusted due to change in legislation.
- master degree in chemistry or with a comparable focus
- 2-3 years of professional experience in the field or within the chemistry area is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- analytical, systematic, and able to work under minimum supervision, good at work management, good communication and interpersonal interaction skills
- confident with MS Office and (SAP) databases
- fluent language skills in English, proficiency in one of the Baltic languages is an advantage
- Flexible working hours so that you can organize your working and private life according to your needs.
- Location-independent work models with defined days of presence in Berlin and place of residence in Germany.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Ayse Guel Uzun, Tel.:+49 30 2005-59677
As an international service hub, the BASF Services Europe GmbH bundles a wide range of services for the BASF Group throughout Europe. In the heart of Berlin, we combine expertise in the areas of finance, HR, supply chain, procurement, product safety and IT. We focus on digital and customer-focused solutions, to create services for future. Learn more about us and our location-independent work models at basf.com/en/servicehub-berlin/smartwork
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.