Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Radar System Application Engineer “Industrial radar sensor technology and customer specific solutions”
This is an opportunity to contribute to key RADAR technology development, and drive system engineering at ADI with the focus on providing complete system solutions. Symeo specializes in developing leading industrial RADAR sensing expertise in precision ranging applications with RADAR hardware & innovative signal processing software algorithms that are combined into whole product solutions that offer best in class absolute position detection and distance measurement used for collision avoidance and warning systems.
The position is within a team that drives radar system development as well as active research on high resolution radar. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a diverse environment across a geographically distributed organization.
The position is centered around Symeo’s industrial RADAR sensors, focus is on testing and operating the sensors and enabling key customers to use our sensors in their applications.
- Customer focused support for new products or special technical requirements
- Customer applications support
- Act as an interface between customer and engineering development teams
- Test radar sensors in lab in parallel with development
- Test radar sensors in field test campaigns
- Support R&D during certification testing of products (e.g. field bus interfaces)
- Work in a broad, cross-functional team with RF, hardware and software designers, and applications engineers
- Collaborate with Marketing Group and the rest of the System Applications Group to engage with customers to understand, define and document customer system requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, physics, or comparable practical experience.
- Preferably working knowledge and practical experience with technologies used in sensors.
- Preferable with work experience in technical customer support for industrial sensors in an international environment
- Preferable with basic knowledge in:
- Protocol stacks (Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet)
- Radio frequency domain system design (FMCW radar, antenna radiation patterns)
- Programming experience in C, Python, Matlab.
- Innovative, curious, analytical problem-solver with an interest in Automotive & Industrial RADAR applications, and a bias to action
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task many projects and set priorities
- Likes to work in a high dynamic team environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills, preferably in German and English
- Ability to interact effectively with customers.
- Ability to work with diverse engineering teams, with wide-ranging backgrounds, cultures and geographies
- Highly motivated individual looking for big technical challenges
- Ability to travel up to 10%
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Requisition ID: 22049
- Brose FahrzeugteileMitarbeiter Qualitätssicherung (m/w/d)
- AIXTRONStudentische Hilfskraft (w/m/d) - Product Quality
- ASAPProjektingenieur | Planung mechanische Fertigung (m/w/d)
- PHOENIX CONTACT GmbH & Co. KGAbteilungsleiter Produktion m/w/d
- Brose FahrzeugteileProjektingenieur Elektronik und Sensoren (m/w/d)