“I want to achieve great things and I want them to be noticed”
Nestlé PTC Food, Singen, Germany, 1st July 2021 – 31st December 2021, act rate 100%
Are you looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding internship in an international environment?
Within Nestlé’s worldwide research and development network, the Nestlé Product Technology Centre FOOD with the central seat in Singen, Germany, is responsible for the innovation and renovation of culinary products. The Nestlé PTC Food is the home of food, bringing culinary art to a level that can be practiced at home or used in a professional kitchen. NPTC FOOD transforms science into technologies that deliver tasty and balanced meals with the highest freshness perception and convenience.
To support our Sensory Team, we are currently looking for a Sensory Intern for 6 Months starting from 1st July 2021.
In this position, your main responsibilities would include the following:
- Projects: Support internal project planning, organizing and conducting sensory tests (discrimination, descriptive analysis and shelf life), internal tastings, screening of staff and supporting other events and trainings.
- Sensory Panel Work: Conduct external panel sessions, support the monitoring of panel performance and participate in the analysis, interpretation and presentation of sensory reports.
- Methods and SOPs: Support the development of internal tools and documents.
- Other Activities:Assist with market requests and develop sensory awareness within the PTC.
In this exciting role, you will become a key member of the Sensory Team at Singen, having the opportunity to be involved in our day-to-day projects and interact with our colleagues / experts in other functions.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree studies in Food Science, Food Technology or a related discipline with a major in sensory science.
- Keen interest in sensory science.
- Experienced in relevant MS-Office tools with an expertise in creating Power Point presentations.
- Familiarity with statistics and computer software’s dedicated to sensory science (e.g., FIZZ, EyeQuestion).
- Analytical mind-set, precision in work and communication, organizational skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Good level in English and German (written and spoken).
- Previously experience in working in a sensory team within a company.
Nestlé wants to be a strong partner for you. During an internship at NPTC Food, you will work on a real case and your research will contribute to problem solving and solution findings for actual projects. If you are creative, research focused and able to work independently as well as in a team, we would be happy to hear from you.