- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
COMPANY: BASF Digital Solutions GmbH
JOB ID: EN59009655_ONLE_3
Digitalization is a key differentiator to position BASF as leading chemical company for our customers. We as Global Digital Services enable BASF´s digitalization. In agile teams, we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF and its customers, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes. We provide IT that works and offer know-how and access to latest technologies in the areas of cloud computing, blockchain or big data.
As part of an enthusiastic global team of experts in our department Digitalization in Research & Development, you will provide decision support to our crop protection and other research and development activities.
- In the research group Computational Chemistry, you will develop digital solutions to accelerate the discovery of chemicals, pesticides and drugs with desired biological activities or properties.
- In this context, you will use internal and external data sources and models to develop as well as maintain state-of-the-art data workflows, full-stack web applications, and microservices to make novel computational solutions in R&D available for end users.
- Hence, you will work in a diverse team of computational chemists, data scientists, medicinal chemists and biologists, to develop solutions making data, models, and workflows available in a growing computational infrastructure.
- You will work closely with business units, data stewards, project/program managers, and IT.
- You will use modern development technologies, including version control for code and data, CI/CD pipelines, Docker as well as Kubernetes deployments, and cloud environments.
- PhD in cheminformatics, bioinformatics, computer science, engineering, or a related field
- knowledge in machine learning model deployment and data visualization would be considered a plus
- strong background in the fields of data management, and familiarity with different SQL and NoSQL database architectures
- experienced with using modern web frameworks, Linux and cloud computing
- praxis in agile ways of working (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps elements (e.g., unit testing, version control with GitLab, CI/CD pipelines, containerization)
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English as well as in German
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life
- Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth
Do you have questions about the application process or the position? Ms. Laura Deland (Talent Acquisition), E-Mail: Laura.Deland@basf.com
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
BASF Digital Solutions GmbH offers innovative solutions for the design and optimization of business processes for the BASF Group around the world. As an experienced business solution provider, we create added value for BASF by developing new business models with digital technologies, thereby increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes through IT and digital solutions. Learn more about BASF Digital Solutions GmbH at on.basf.com/DigitalServicesEN
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.