- Freiburg (im Breisgau)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $30 billion and approximately 80,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Phadia is the leading supplier of fully automatic blood analysis systems for allergy and auto-immune diseases. With our innovative products, we set standards worldwide and assist clinicians in providing fast and reliable diagnoses, thus helping patients at an early stage. Phadia GmbH in Freiburg is the German subsidiary of the Immunodiagnostics division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, a global company that develops, manufactures and distributes in vitro diagnostics in the field of allergy and autoimmune diagnostics. Our customers expect a consistently reliable and high standard of quality from our products, which we ensure through innovative biochemical and medical technology solutions as well as highly qualified and motivated employees.
Position Summary:Support of development projects and projects/activities for product care and background knowledge within the System R&D department.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning, preparation, execution and evaluation of product development, product registration, product care and background knowledge experiments
- Documentation of experiments and results in journals, reports and presentations
- Creation and contribution to plans, reports, specifications and SOPs
- Measures for quality assurance in laboratory processes
- Line activities to secure the laboratory processes according to the department specific responsibility assignment
- Maintenance of laboratory instruments and working place
- Organization of material transfers from and to external partners
- Master's degree in biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, medical engineering or similar field
- Ability to work independently and problem oriented on given tasks from planning of studies over performance of experiments to documentation
- Development and optimization of experimental methods and analysis of problems
- Preparation of reports and presentation of results
- Willingness to work on non-routine tasks with changing focus and teams
- Affinity for technically related questions and usage of instruments
- HBV vaccination or titer determination
- MS office skills for result evaluation and presentation, preparation of reports
- Fluent English skills (read, write and speak)
- Willingness to travel (limited to phases of projects)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.