Remuneration Group 11 | Unlimited | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: FSMA005/2021 | Deadline: open | Full-time
DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world's leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
DESY is developing PETRA IV, the ultimate X-ray microscope for nano-research with outstanding potential for industrial users and socially relevant applicalions in energy research, information technology, mobility, environment and medicine. PETRA IV will enable highest resolution for experiments on relevant length, time and energy scales, with a very high degree of coherence, highest brightness, as well as with all options for in-situ/operando analysis.
The sample environment team is supporting existing PETRA III and future PETRA IV beamlines with infrastructure and designs as well as building and operating of scientific equipment. This is done in cooperation with scientists, engineers and technicians.
About the role:
- Design, construction and commissioning of PETRA IV optics and instrumentation in cooperation with scientists, engineers and technicians
- Design, construction and commissioning of PETRA III experiments, laboratories and beamlines in preparation of PETRA IV and in cooperation with engineers and scientist
- Support during setup and operation of optics and instrumentation
Good reasons to join:
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration according to the collective labour agreement (TV-AVH).
To be successful in this role:
- Master or Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical, mechatronics, phys. tech., mechanical engineering) or equivalent
- Knowledge in design & construction of electro-mechanical and optical units with use of 3D CAD software & databases, such as NX/TC and preferably Solid Works
- Knowledge in the fields of optics, ultra-high vacuum, precision mechanics and solid state flexures
- Experience with technical drawing
- Expertise and experience with FEM-simulation tools are highly desirable
- Very good English communication skills
- Team player
For further information please contact Kai Bagschik, +49-40-8998-2670 (email@example.com).
DESY promotes the professional development of women and therefore strongly encourages women to apply for the position to be filled. In addition, severely handicapped persons with equal aptitude are given preferential consideration. The advertised positions are basically suitable for part-time employment.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392