What we do at Plexus
We’re excited to help our customers deliver products to the world that have a profound impact on people’s lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world.
We’re a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing and Aftermarket Services experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
Whether you’re looking to start, make a change, or advance your career find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world around us.
Why you will love it
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we’re at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork.
How you will do it
We are currently growing our technical teams across our business for a number of new projects. These projects will involve you working as part of a global team to deliver innovative solutions. You’ll be working with a mixed discipline team of engineers (software, hardware, mechanical, quality) to support our medical, telecommunications and aerospace customers.
We have multiple roles available, and if you have the attitude and aptitude to succeed, combined with creative engineering skills then Plexus Technologies in Bathgate, Scotland could be the place for you. We require engineers who:
- Enjoy learning about multiple technologies;
- Can think laterally;
- Are keen to be involved in the complete product development lifecycle from requirements capture into production;
- And, are looking for a technically challenging environment.
This is the ideal role for a relatively new engineer who wants to broaden their technical skills; develop customer-facing skills; work on a variety of interesting projects; and harness latent leadership skills.
What you will do
- Design and development across the full lifecycle from concept definition; requirements analysis; detailed design; software implementation and integration onto customer PCBAs; onto manufacturing functional test and production support.
- Create high quality deliverables for our customers including, requirements documents; architecture and design documents; verification test documents; and most importantly source code for embedded systems, covering Qt GUIs, custom device drivers for numerous operating systems, and control algorithms.
- Provide support for our continuous improvement activities and develop an understanding of how a multi-billion dollar manufacturing services company operates.
- Demonstrable ability to work as an individual contributor or as part of a team;
- Experience with embedded development – have you played with a Raspberry Pi?
- Experience developing cross-compiled software on ARM microcontrollers and/or ARM microprocessors;
- Confident with the C and/or C++ programming languages;
- Awareness of software considerations when reviewing hardware schematics;
- Experience of debugging software and supporting board bring-up activities;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Awareness of Agile development practices;
- Familiarity with one or more embedded operating systems – Linux, Windows embedded, VxWorks, QNX;
- Awareness of real-time development and/or safety critical systems;
- Awareness of scripting languages and continuous integration frameworks.
You should hold an MEng or BEng in Electrical and Electronic engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
Since 1979, Plexus has been partnering with companies to create the products that build a better world. We are a team of over 19,000, providing global Design and Development, Supply Chain Solutions, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing, and Aftermarket Services. Plexus is an industry leader that specializes in serving customers with complex products used in demanding regulatory environments. With a culture built around innovation and customer service, Plexus’ teams create customized end-to-end solutions to assure the realization of the most intricate products.
We help our customers realize their most visionary ideas, and we’re dedicated to doing our work with innovation, integrity and Customer Service Excellence.