- Hanau am Main
Goodyear. More Driven.
Innovation. Trendsetting technologies. The highest quality. Goodyear Dunlop stands for the best possible connection between cars and roads. What drives us? A passion for tires! This passion is what allows our employees to set standards that are shaping an entire industry each and every day. All our employees benefit from the opportunity to distinguish themselves through multidisciplinary, international experiences. Get started right away – join the team at our site in Hanau as Tire Design Engineer (all genders welcome) - Car Motorsport EMEA
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Take a close look at test and performance results, analyze customer requirements and, based on your findings, advance the development of racing tires.
- Use design tools and performance forecasting instruments to meet customer performance and timing requirements
- Work closely with the production teams to ensure an effective transfer of the racing products to series production
- Coordinate internal tire tests and take part in test runs with the racing teams
- Provide the required modeling & predictive support to Car Motorsport Design will be an asset
- Develop new tire technologies linking with the Construction Engineering group and the Global Material Science group
- Participate to design project definition to give recommendations within the tire design team
- Translate development needs from design department into modeling projects to fulfill customer requirements
- Test & check utility of new technology by modeling
- Develop new technology according to priorities and objectives agreed on
- Support implementation of new technology in development process
- University degree in mechanical or automotive engineering
- At least 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Hands-on experience in (tire) simulation is an asset
- Good skills in computational mechanics, data post-processing
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 and furthermore experience with CAD like FEA – analysis tools as well as on-board data software Knowledge on model Meshing process
- Good know-how on tires (design, tire road interaction, factors….)
- Very good German and English communication skills are required
- Passion for motorsport and general interest to learn and understand the interaction of this position with the rest of all tasks in the Motorsport environment
- Willingness for business trips – even on weekends
Apply now with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.