- Energie- & Umwelttechnik
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to help shape the core of the energy transition and solve the most technically demanding challenges?
In the Digital Grid Operation team, we support national and international (power) grid operators in the integration of renewable energies into the electricity grid, the upgrading of existing control systems and the secure operation of electricity grids with high proportion of renewable energies.
As a Digital Grid Operation Consultant you will have these main roles and responsibilities:
- Support the team with expertise in working out the current IT-structure of our customers
- Translate the general energy industry requirements into concrete requirements for IT system manufacturers
- Accompany the implementation and support the customer in the acceptance and takeover into regular operation
- You will coordinate requirements with the customer and the manufacturer on a regular basis
- You will support our customers in the analysis of previous business processes and the adaptation or optimization to new requirements, including the introduction in the company
To qualify you must have, ie essential skills
- Master’s Degree in Industrial engineering, Computer science, Electrical Engineering or Computer science with energy management/technology modules
- Fluent German and English skills both written and spoken
- Expert knowledge of (power) control systems desirable
- Understanding of IT architectures and the interconnection of IT systems - ideally with pre-knowledge in the field of energy management/technology - desirable
- Good basic understanding of the energy industry/technology
- Experience in managing projects
- Willingness to travel for customer projects with focus on Germany
Key competencies and personal attributes
- Strong competence to familiarize yourself with new topics independently
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Confident and self-assured in front of customers
- Strong competence to develop solutions from problems/challenges
- Exciting task areas at an important key point of the energy transition
- Agile team that works closely together
- Development of innovative concepts for power grid management including presentation at national and international conferences
- National and international projects in the field of power grid operation
- Flexible possibility of working in the office or home office
Further DNV benefits:
- Working in a congenial and dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (in the office, from home and in the facilities of our clients)
- Flexible working hours, the weekly working time is 39 hours
- Attractive salary incl. profit share and an employer-supported pension
- Further attractive additional services, e. g. food allowance
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member.