- Act in accordance with sound business practices.
- Manage and strengthen Engineering function for our operations in Canada / USA in the materials handling and mining industry.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software.
- Create Engineering Drawing Lists
- Assist with planning and scheduling of the Engineering Drafting
- Review and approve Vendor Drawings for compliance with Engineering Drawings and responding to RFI’s from vendors.
- Third Party Engineering: Guide, audit, review and approve of a 3rd party work performed on behalf of FAM
- Constructability: Analyze and review Constructability during Detailed Design and suitability of the field installation design for reliability, maintainability and operability
- Consider erection sequence during the design process.
- Review, understand, interpret and consider Client’s specifications and relevant codes, standards, and best practices in the design process.
- Identify design improvements to optimize overall cost within the specification requirements.
- Evaluate and review specification issues in close co-operation with Project Management to ensure interpretation of the necessary requirements are favourable to the Company.
- Coordinate and streamline the engineering process to suit project scope requirements, resulting in optimized fabrication, procurement, logistics and erection.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Act as an integral part of the project team and liaise with other departments.
- Manage interfaces between different engineering teams, other disciplines, and our clients.
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget to the extent of designated authority, responsibility and accountability guidelines.
- Technical support to prepare comprehensive RFQ packages and Purchase Orders for buyouts and mechanical fabrications.
- Technical support during fabrication, procurement, preassembly, erection, maintenance of EIC equipment.
- Shop and Site Visits to ensure compliance with our (and our Client’s) Specifications, Engineering Drawings and the Company’s performance and quality expectations.
- Support Claim Management process, including the analysis, validation and challenging of claims against the Company.
- Prepare, submit and interpret different types of reports (e.g. status, forecast, etc.) for clients and FAM Management.
- Manage and monitor engineering deliverables throughout the entire course of the project until goods are delivered, installed, validated, and warrantied.
- Engineer-of-Record: Responsible for the work of others (FAM internal and 3rd Party Engineering). Direct supervision and auditing of the work in accordance with APEGA guidelines.
- Extensive experience working as Mechanical Engineer in above mentioned industry.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (Bachelor of Science in Engineering or University)
- APEGA P.Eng. designation. Other Canadian or USA Professional Engineering designations would be an asset.
- Excellent skills to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software. 3-D Modelling experience would be an asset.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and logical reasoning ability.
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire Engineering process.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proactively communicate, listen carefully and truly connect with people.
- Independent and structured way of working, confident appearance and good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions.
- Able to travel to meet with suppliers and customers.
- Available to temporarily work on remote customer project sites.
- Available to work overtime as project requires.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer professionals with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects.
- Work in a highly motivated and experienced international team.
- In depth training package in Magdeburg.
- Opportunities for career growth supported by the management team.
- Employee benefit plan.
- AIXTRONMechanical Engineer Upgrades (m/w/d)HerzogenrathMaschinenbau
- AKKA & ModisEntwicklungsingenieur (m/w/d) Feinwerk- und SpritzgusstechnikFriedrichshafenMaschinenbau
- ASAPProjektingenieur | Planung mechanische Fertigung (m/w/d)KasselAutomatisierungstechnik +1
- MBDA Deutschland GmbHEntwicklungsingenieur (m/w/d) Strukturmechanik/FestigkeitSchrobenhausenBauingenieurwesen +3
- PHOENIX CONTACT GmbH & Co. KGIngenieur (m/w/d) Konstruktion elektromechanische ProdukteBlomberg (Lippe)Maschinenbau +1
get in Engineering hat die Informationen von der Webseite des Unternehmens und ggf. sonstigen Quellen sorgfältig zusammengestellt. Diese Informationen wurden vom Unternehmen noch nicht autorisiert.Informationen für Unternehmen