A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do:
This role is to coordinate and drive HW-related activities within VAVE (Value Engineering). The position reports to the Distinguished Engineer ECE VAVE located in Karlsbad, Germany.
- Support cross-functional workshops in a cross-functional team (XFT) and drive HW activities until implementation
- Participate in workshops with HW Experts for cost optimized designs (e.g. LGA, SOC, Memory, Tuner, Ethernet etc.)
- Analyze customer specifications described in RFI/RFQs or customer assignments
- Definition and reviewing of best-cost functional blocks for the global HW platform
- Support schematics and layout reviews for each development stage.
- Drive risk assessment for Hardware cost-down activities esp. HW verification, HW qualification, HW certification.
- Benchmark components together with Hardware experts and Procurement.
- Analyze competitor solutions from the Hardware perspective for different product groups esp. Infotainment/Telematics/Car Audio/ADAS systems.
- Prepare, develop and maintain HW/VAVE Tools for component selection and component roadmaps
- Collect and provide opportunities for the global HW organization for reuse in all programs (VAVE Opportunity Pipeline)
What You Need:
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications) or appropriate graduation
- 2-3 years of experience as a hardware engineer in the development of analogue and digital circuits and systems
- Basic or good knowledge of tools for schematic/layout realization and simulation (e.g. Mentor Graphics, SPICE, …) as well as Microsoft applications
- Good knowledge of the requirements in the automotive industry
- Structured and results-orientated working style
What makes you eligible:
- Experience as a Hardware Project Leader would be of advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
What We Offer:
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation
- You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance
- Attractive salary package based on the Metall & Elektro Tarif Baden Wurttemberg and an Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- dSPACEApplikationsingenieur (m/w/d) Hardware-in-the-LoopBöblingenElektrotechnik +2
- PHOENIX CONTACT GmbH & Co. KGHardwareentwickler (m/w/d)Bad PyrmontElektrotechnik
- dSPACEIngenieur (m/w/d) Regelung elektrischer Antriebe und mechatronischer PrüfständePaderbornElektrotechnik +1
- berbel Ablufttechnik GmbHElektroingenieur/in Embedded System (m/w/d)RheineElektrotechnik +1
- Magna PowertrainSoftware Diagnose eDrive (m/w/d)UntergruppenbachElektrotechnik +1