Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a Smart Marine Ecosystem. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient, safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Are you our new colleague?
Within Shore Connection Systems we are developing / supplying complete high power shore connection systems for different vessel types. Amount that we are supporting within our organisation the electric propulsion team by supplying high voltage switchboards including the protection concept.
We are planning to strengthen our team with a Project Engineer (m/f/d) with knowledge to basic electric power components. As a Project Engineer you will work as a technical resource for the EPMS (Electrical and Power Management Systems) team in Hamburg. You will work out technical solutions, best practices, participate in project pre-phase and execution. This is a permanent position.
As a Project Engineer, you will provide basic knowledge and understanding being able to perform engineering and follow up the following
- High and low voltage switchboards including base understanding of protection devices
- Understanding of how to integrate the switchboards (high voltage) into a complete propulsion system
- Installation practice (design and layout) of high / low voltage cable systems on board of seagoing vessels
- System engineering with responsibility to ensure the quality and functionality of the complete system we are offing
- Support and participate in delivery projects
- Support of purchasing in specifying components needed for shore connection projects
- Support Sales in offering shore connection projects
- Interface with engineering and project management stakeholders internally and in other business units
- Project handling in Wärtsilä SAP system
- Training of our commissioning team / support during commissioning
The below will enable you to shine in this role
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electric Power Systems or at least proven established background in systems engineering
- Clear understanding and proven background within electrical power distribution systems
- Knowledge to installation practice of electric power systems on seagoing vessels
- Capability to create technical documentation and standards
- Knowledge to relevant class rules
- Willingness to work in teams
- Wärtsilä SAP
- Fluent in English and German (minimum B2 level)
- Willingness to travel
Why you and us
We have an amazing team with a clear vision on being front runners in the marine market. As part of the team Shore Connection you will be an important contributor to our success and being one of our key experts. We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for the growing market of shore connection.
We offer a competitive salary and promote a healthy work life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust.
All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we have to offer which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within a global working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
- ENGIE DeutschlandJunior Pricing Specialist / Kalkulator Energiecontracting Industrie (m/w/d)Berlin +7Energie- & Umwelttechnik +2
- ENGIE DeutschlandBusiness Development Manager Erneuerbare Energien (m/w/d)Berlin +1Energie- & Umwelttechnik +1
- Münchner StadtentwässerungUmweltingenieur*in (w/m/d)MünchenBauingenieurwesen +1
- Stadtwerke MünchenExpert*in (m/w/d) Konzepte EnergieerzeugungMünchenChemieingenieurwesen +3
- Stadtwerke Kiel AGElektrotechnik Ingenieur als Betriebsingenieur Strom-Mittelspannungsanlagen (m/w/d)KielElektrotechnik +1