Technical Project Manager - Offshore Wind Farms and Power Plants (m/w/d)
Local Unit & Position Description
For the Project Certification department, we are currently looking for a Technical Project Manager with a strong profile and a keen interest in working with renewable energy.
Project Certification delivers services related to certification and verification primarily for Offshore Wind Farms, transformer stations, and onshore support structures for Wind turbines as well as services including wave and tidal and other novel technologies via technology qualification as well as onshore towers. Activities cover all steps in the certification process from review of early designs to design verification, fabrication surveillance, commissioning, and periodic inspection of installations in operation as well as project management.
Our team and the wider renewables certification have extensive experience with offshore projects and have worked with 80% of global offshore wind projects to date. We have an informal and humorous tone among us combined with a professional and international working environment. The candidates joining the team will be provided with excellent support to improve their technical knowledge, project management skills, and understanding of offshore projects. The role is open to candidates interested in being located in Hamburg.
As a Project Manager for offshore wind certification projects, you will coordinate the work of a multidisciplinary team engaged in design verification activities in different disciplines in close collaboration with their line managers and coordinate inspection activities within DNVs global network. You will also be the main point of contact for our clients and responsible for the preparation of our deliverables within the expected timeline, budget, and quality. For new requests, you will also be engaged as a bid manager or part of the bid team to prepare the proposal.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate some of the below competencies:
- Engineering degree (M.Sc / B.Sc) in civil, structural, or marine engineering, naval architecture, or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years of project management experience, with an understanding of technical interfaces
- Project finance management
- Experience with proposal preparation
- Relevant experience from similar positions
- Knowledge of relevant European and international codes and offshore standards
- Experience with:
- the design of steel structures including fatigue
- corrosion and steel materials
- manufacturing and Offshore installation survey/surveillance
- Strong English skills (written and spoken)
- Additional language skills (Polish, French, Japanese) will be an advantage for emerging offshore wind markets but it is not a prerequisite
You should have the following personal qualifications and act as a:
- Structured and service-minded, always focusing on delivering high-quality results
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with an active interest in Renewable Energy
- Team player with strong communication skills and you work equally well on your own as with colleagues
- Independent, self-starter, energetic, proactive in achieving results, and at the same time person who works well in a team and delivers within agreed timelines
- Project Manager who works in depth with assignments and has a good balance between detail and overview
- Person who has a positive attitude and a good sense of humor
What we offer:
- Working in a dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (in the office, from home, and in the facilities of our clients)
- Flexible working hours, the weekly working time is 39 hours
- Attractive salary incl. profit share and an employer-supported pension
- Further attractive additional services
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training, and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- AKKA & ModisKonstruktionsingenieur (m/w/d)BremenElektrotechnik +3
- Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AGTerminplaner / Projektingenieur (m/w/d) im IngenieurbauBrunsbüttelBauingenieurwesen
- Die Autobahn GmbH des BundesProjektingenieur (w/m/d) Planung IngenieurbauwerkeBayreuthBauingenieurwesen
- Bundesamt für Bauwesen und Raumordnung (BBR)Ingenieurinnen/Ingenieure (w/m/d) in den Fachrichtungen Architektur oder BauingenieurswesenBerlinBauingenieurwesen
- Stadtwerke MünchenBauingenieur*in Bauwerksprüfung (m/w/d)MünchenBauingenieurwesen