We are supporting the European Space Agency (ESA) with Data Systems management services at the European Operations Control Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt. Within the area of Earth Observation Data Systems our service team manages the ground segment operations and evolutions of a family of missions. To complement this international team, we are searching for a Data System Engineer (DSE) with experience in the support of mission critical systems.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
As part of this team you will provide support in the following areas:
- Define and oversee the evolution of the mission control systems in response to flight control team needs, software infrastructure and hardware evolution,
- Lead the investigation and resolution of problems identified in the operational systems,
- Contribute to the support to the system for special operations, such as LEOP,
- Proactively supporting the Continual Service Improvement,
- Support day to day incident management and response.
University degree in a relevant engineering field, computer engineering, physics or equivalent.
The ideal candidate we are looking for contributes to our service team with the following characteristics:
- Good understanding of SCOS-2000 based Mission Control Systems and/or related systems such as EDDS, EGOS-MPS, DARC or similar,
- Strong skills in administering and troubleshooting Linux based systems,
- Proven ability to work independently and remain calm under pressure,
- Capability to collaborate with several different areas/people in ESOC
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with all partners within ESOC and industry
- Proficiency in English, both in speech and writing
Additional desirable skills are:
- Solid understanding of Earth Observation Mission Control Systems
- Experience in the delivery of an ITIL application management service to external organizations
- Experience in project management and related approaches
- Exposure to future infrastructure product development, such as EGS-CC, EGOS-CC, SIMULUS-NG, GSMC-CC etc.
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
- AKKAAndroid Entwickler im Automotive Bereich (m/w/d)IngolstadtElektrotechnik +2
- AKKAJunior Cloud Software Engineer (m/w/d)WolfsburgElektrotechnik +1
- SENECHardware Testingenieur*inKölnElektrotechnik +1
- HENSOLDTEmbedded Software Entwickler*in (m/w/d) mit Schwerpunkt BildverarbeitungMünchen +2Elektrotechnik +1
- umlautJunior Projektmanager Softwareentwicklung (all genders)Böblingen +6Chemieingenieurwesen +4