- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN57360913_ONLE_3
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
The Industrial Biotechnology group develops new processes and performs technology evaluations in the field of industrial biotechnology. BASF products in this area include, for example, enzymes, vitamins, biological crop protection and organic acids.
- You will develop innovative and sustainable process concepts for new processes in industrial/white biotechnology and evaluate their cost-profitability.
- Furthermore, you will also perform technology evaluations and optimize existing processes.
- You will ensure process documentation for transfer to plant engineering and provide support during commissioning of new plants and systems.
- In order to be informed of new methods, market trends, and competitor´s activities, you will maintain an extensive network of contacts with operational units and partners within the scientific and research community.
- In addition, you will initiate risk assessments and ensure compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
What we expect
- You have a degree in chemical engineering or process engineering (especially bioprocess engineering) and have gone on to earn a doctorate in the field of bioprocess engineering.
- In addition, you have advanced knowledge and skills in the field of fermentation and processing.
- Ideally, you have been able to gain initial experience in developing processes and in scaling up processes in industrial/white biotechnology.
- You enjoy working as part of a team and actively contribute your ideas and creative solutions.
- Your targeted, clear communication allows you to convey even complex matters in an understandable manner.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.