- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
LOCATION: Ludwigshafen, DE, 67059
COMPANY: BASF SE
JOB FIELD: Research & Development
JOB CONDITIONS: Permanent
JOB ID: EN57830012_ONLE_5
The Process Research and Chemical Engineering Research Division brings together a variety of competencies, including inorganic chemistry, organic synthesis, battery research, catalysis, process development and technology, as well as technical services for laboratories/technical centers. In interdisciplinary global teams, we develop innovative products, processes and technologies for a sustainable future and work with internal and external customers.
The Safety Technology unit is dedicated to the chemical and technical aspects of process safety at BASF.
- You will handle safety-related and technical issues, especially in the areas of discharge equipment, model-supported safety and consequence analysis.
- Within the scope of these projects, which focus on real-world operations, you will recommend suitable measures and ensure successful implementation.
- For the further development of your discipline, you will define, initiate and manage research projects and develop new concepts and methods.
- You will transfer R&D results into your work on projects, thereby supporting safety and value creation within the plants.
- To keep your knowledge up to date at all times, you will maintain a network of contacts with operational units and scientific and research partners.
- You have a degree in process engineering or chemical engineering, on which you earned above-average marks, and have ideally gone on to earn a doctorate.
- Additionally, you have advanced knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics and chemical reaction technology and are capable in programming process models.
- Furthermore, you are distinguished by analytical problem-solving skills and by your ability to identify creative solutions and advance processes of change on your own initiative.
- You actively participate within the team, contributing your expertise and ideas in order to achieve successes together and secure long-term successes for the company.
- Communicating comfortably in German and English rounds up your profile.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.