- Energie- & Umwelttechnik
LOCATION: Schwarzheide, DE, 01987
COMPANY: BASF Schwarzheide GmbH
JOB FIELD: Engineering
JOB CONDITIONS: Permanent
JOB ID: EN57280759_DIGI4_13
The European Site & Verbund Management is continuously developing BASF's large European sites, thereby ensuring their competitiveness: We manage the perfect integration of infrastructure, operating services and logistics with production at each site. This ensures the basic supply of the business units, which can subsequently perform successfully on the market. In addition, we advise the companies in all respects relating to environmental protection, occupational and plant safety and regulatory approval.
Our interdisciplinary digitalisation team drives the digital transformation of one of our largest production sites forward. Modeling of facilities, systems and equipment and portions thereof is one area of focus in our work. We develop hybrid models by combining traditional engineering skills with modern methods drawn from applied mathematics, data science and machine learning, thereby generating efficient solutions for optimized operation of our facilities, systems and equipment.
- Your work will focus on modeling, parameter estimation and model validation based on data on facilities, systems and equipment.
- You will perform exploratory simulation studies in order to develop recommendations for actions to take for the efficient operation of facilities, systems and equipment in cooperation with the operators.
- In the process, you will work on projects with colleagues from various different disciplines on site and with internal and external partners and will drive the digitization of the site forward.
- The areas of focus in your work can be aligned toward your abilities, skills and interests; examples include optimization of processes, supply and value chains, predictive maintenance and expert systems.
- We are looking for candidates who enjoy working with data and modeling and already have solid experience.
- You have a degree in process engineering, chemical engineering, energy technology, mechanical engineering or a comparable field, on which you earned excellent marks, and have ideally gone on to earn a doctorate.
- In addition, you are in step with the latest digital trends and enjoy familiarizing yourself with new topics on your own responsibility.
- With your open, enthusiastic personality and results-oriented working style, you contribute to the company’s success, and you communicate proficiently in German and English.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
BASF Schwarzheide GmbH, which is situated between the nation's capital Berlin and the city of Dresden, produces functional materials and develops intelligent system solutions for global customers. We stand for innovation, digital transformation and sustainability. With our new technologies and operating principles, we have taken on a leading role within the BASF Group. Take the opportunity and help us design future-oriented solutions. Learn more about BASF Schwarzheide GmbH at http://on.basf.com/Schwarzheide
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.