Vodafones SIM Technology Centre (STC) is accountable for the strategic evolvement, security, engineering, life cycle management and operational excellence of VF centrally provided SIM/eSIM products and solutions. This includes the “classical” SIM, eSIM, eSIM provisioning systems and all current and future SIM/eSIM products and services. The main purpose of our work is to constantly ensure customer’s secure access to VF networks and services. This is achieved through a dedicated SIM security and SIM product strategy, which is also the basis for Vodafone to be compliant with telecommunication laws and regulations while also ensuring Vodafone’s billing integrity.
The STC enables Consumer and Enterprise organisation to provide connectivity and services to their customers by deployment of SIM/eSIM products, eSIM solutions and innovative SIM technologies, drives the SIM digitalization and the introduction of new services. By deploying Consumer and IoT subscription management (eSIM) ecosystems in all markets to further accelerate our customer experience we change the way we do business and ensure that Vodafone is playing a crucial role as a technology company. Security is key for our successful deployment of products. Therefore we drive within Vodafone and in international standards organisation the development of security concepts and certification schemes to protect our systems and data for illegitimate access.
You are responsible for the security assessment, risk management and development of SIM technologies and related products (Key Management, eSIM, integrated SIM, 5G, Mobile Private Networks,….). and will be driving the relevant adaption across different Vodafone markets and services enablers. The Security architect is accountable for vulnerability assessments of (e)SIM, SIM centric services and SIM periphery and the definition of the subsequent measures.
The Security Architect analyses and defines the integration of VF Services into VF markets and infrastructure and performs risk assessments .The role owns the SIM security interface to markets, the definition of markets guidelines, Service functional requirements and validation for VF markets and customers worldwide.
A strong international background is required as the role includes working with international stakeholders and leaders across the Vodafone markets and Group organisation worldwide. This includes supplier management and stakeholder management.
The position requires leadership presence and ability to build and manage relationships across markets and suppliers. The role owner will be a confident presenter with the ability to communicate at management levels and can break down complex items and communicate to senior leaders.
With us you will:
- Analyse product requirements and commercial strategies, provide security technology solutions and design choices to support commercial propositions and roadmap.
- E2E security ownership of the SIM solution and accountable to drive adoption and integration across markets through local IT leadership (Product Architecture)
- Lead and supervise technical and risk assessments and external development teams.
- Work closely with related people across the organisation to define and influence the security strategy for new technologies and business segments eg: 5G, IoT, integrated SIMs
- Perform vulnerability assessment of (e)SIM, SIM centric services, SIM periphery and SIM Hardware
- Ensure security compliance of the new integrated services wihin VF and by driving international security schemes within standardisation bodies.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Higher education degree in IT Security/Engineering or related field
- Distinct know-how in cryptography and security architecture
- Security Risk Management know-how
- Profound Knowledge (Abstraction layer down to physical layer) of relevant standards in ETSI, 3GPP and GSMA
- Fluent in written and spoken English (acc. to telc C2)
- SENECElektrotechniker*in LaborKölnElektrotechnik +3
- AKKA & ModisHochfrequenz-Ingenieur (m/w/d) für den Bereich AntennenmesstechnikMemmingenElektrotechnik
- BertrandtEntwicklungsingenieur / Techniker Erprobung Elektrofahrzeuge (m/w/d)WolfsburgElektrotechnik +1
- EDAGProjektmanager* (m/w/d) Elektrik / Elektronik Integration und ValidierungWolfsburgElektrotechnik +3
- AKKA(Junior) Softwareentwickler Embedded Systems (m/w/d)LeipzigElektrotechnik +1