Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Enterprise Security Architect (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes.
The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future.
We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more.
Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
The Security Architect reports to the Senior Manager. They are responsible for supporting the senior architects and management and is directly taking responsibility for the work streams, which are covering a range of technical work to develop and maintain a security architecture(s) to protect all aspects of Vodafone’s Network, Telco and IT systems.
They are acting as a Subject Matter Expert in the telecom. They are responsible for contributing to the delivery and maintenance of an enterprise-wide telecom security architecture. They work with Vodafone’s major strategic Telco and Network programmes, planning controls to counter emerging threats and address evolving technology. They develope the blueprint of technical security controls and corresponding roadmaps, assessing, and influencing suppliers.
They are responsible for working with the wider cyber security architecture team to ensure that they design solutions that balance security risk, protecting customers with user experience and business innovation. They work also across all local markets and global teams to set the global Telco and Network security standards for Vodafone.
Their role involves stakeholder engagement and partnerships with Group Privacy & Legal functions and occasionally key external government bodies.
Their role takes a long term view of security control effectiveness, making use of and contributing towards constructive research and industry initiatives in the Telecomminication field. The individual is also expected to have and maintain a good understanding of the latest research, technology, and policy topics especially where they might have an impact on Vodafone and its customers, across all markets.
They will work to understand and improve security in various technologies and our global vendors. Their role provides a sense of balance across the wider security architecture team to ensure security controls are implemented to support each other, are measured to demonstrate risk reduction and prepare Vodafone and its customers for the evolving threat landscape.
- Expert knowledge of security architectures, technologies, standards, and industry guidelines, especially those applicable to the Telecommunication sector and Network.
- Good knowledge of at least one of the main telecommunication mobile architectures such as 4G Mobile Core, 5G Mobile Core, 2G/4G/5G Access and RAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of telecom endpoint devices security such as CPE, mobile device and SIM/eSIM.
- Good understanding of virtualization technologies in Telco environments
- Previous experience/eganagemnt with governing bodies such as 3GPP and/or GSMA
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in a relevant field e.g., IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Security, Telecoms.
or Vocational Training in related fields
- Experience of applying at least one secure system design or system engineering methodologies (e.g. TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework), or SABSA)
- Undersstaning of risk management and threat modelling frameworks
- Security certitifications such as CISSP
- Architecture certifications such as Togaf or Sabsa
What will you be doing?
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Working knowledge of transport technologies such as IP/MPLS/Broadband; OSS and BSS architetcures; cloud blueprints and solutions.
- A proven track record, in designing and deploying a range of security features for a global organisation’s Telco and Network infrastructure.
- Excellent communication capabilities to provide rapid and concise summaries of complex scenarios and communicate security risk in business terms and the ability to interact effectively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Consultancy Skills delivered in culturally aware global corporate environments
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Impact on the business: You will be responsible for ensuring that Vodafone’s Telco and Network system security architecture roadmap supports the business objectives. The security architecture strategy roadmap is a critical component of the overall strategy to protect the global Vodafone brand and our customer’s.
- Leadership and teamwork: You will be one of a team of Enterprise Security Architects delivering world-class security solutions into the Vodafone business. You will also be expected to lead security solution design projects and to highlight and clearly articulate risk mitigation requirements to the business. The ability to lead and influence security strategy at a senior technical level is paramount, but the role holder should be business focussed, with the clear objective of security being a business enabler and a strong capability to communicate the security risk.
- Innovation and change: You will be responsible for driving a perception change from security from being seen as an inhibiter to a business differentiator.
- Customers, supplier and third parties: You will work heavily with all stakeholders to forge a community within Vodafone to promote secure by design. You will also work with Vodafone’s suppliers assessing and influencing their roadmaps to meet Vodafone's Security Architecture.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can
- SENECHardwareentwickler*in Leistungselektronik (m/w/d)Leipzig +1Automatisierungstechnik +3
- SCHUNK SE & Co. KGSoftwareentwickler Tools mit Projektverantwortung (m/w/d)Lauffen am NeckarAutomatisierungstechnik +4
- U.S. Air Force – Personalbüro Ramstein Air BaseIndustrieelektriker - Betriebstechnik (m/w/d)Ramstein-MiesenbachAutomatisierungstechnik +7
- AmprionTechniker für Informations- und Systemtechnik in Leitwarten/Rechenzentren (m/w/d)PulheimElektrotechnik +1
- Akkodis Tech ExpertsElektroingenieur (m/w/d) AutomotiveLeipzigElektrotechnik +2