Job ID: WD29121
Join the world leader in advanced energy storage solutions and be part of the success story of VARTA®!
At Clarios, we are powering today, into tomorrow
Together with you, we want to shape the future. Become part of Clarios, a technology company, who values its diverse employees and challenges the status quo. We seek out individuals who are committed to developing in a new business venture. Bring your own ideas to life and work in a fast pace global team.
At Clarios, we give you flexibility and have short reaction time to not slow you down.
The modeling and requirement team supports all battery system design analysis needs and continues to enhance our capabilities to enable faster time to market and lower development cost. As a member of this team, you will develop, improve, and apply multi physics-based models as well as battery system design and data analysis tools to support Clarios business activities such as product design and launch, cost saving initiatives, customer specific product application, and product strategy.
Responsibilities: What you will do
- Develop, implement, and use multi physics-based models based on coupled differential equations using at least one of the commercial software packages such as COMSOL, or ANSYS Fluent, or SABER, or Matlab/Simulink, or Python, etc. to investigate how battery system design parameters impact electrochemical, thermal, mechanical and life characteristics of lead acid and lithium-ion batteries.
- Design experiments for extracting the data or calibrations needed for the battery system model as well as for assessing the simulation accuracy and confidence in simulation predictions for the intended applications.
- Extract basic physical or material parameters, such as diffusion coefficients, thermal and electrical conductivity, or other similar properties using parameter optimization technique from empirical measurement data or from literature to support modeling and simulation development.
- Support the evaluation of customer specific performance requirements by providing simulation-based analysis and preparing simplified tools for use by customer engineers.
- Support the development of modeling and data analysis tools and use the existing tools to support product design analysis needs.
- Support battery control algorithm development for battery management systems.
- Work closely with the multifunctional engineering teams in defining the modeling and simulation requirements, deliverables with estimated time and resources for project works.
- Document and communicate the model implementation, validation, simulation results as well as the quality and accuracy assessments on simulation predictions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: What we look for
Required (Basic qualifications):
- PhD or master's in engineering and science (Chemistry, Mechanical, Material, Physics, etc.) with a strong focus in electrochemistry and modeling disciplines.
- Solid years of industrial modeling and simulation experience related with battery energy storage solutions.
- Professional experience in electrochemical modeling and simulation project experience using one of the commercial software packages such as COMSOL, or Saber, or ANSYS Fluent, or others.
- Professional experience in software coding project experience in Python or MATLAB.
- Professional experience in project experience in parameter optimization techniques and statistical analysis.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a global, multiple culture team environment.
- Solid communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English
- Ph.D. degree
- Fast learner with strong interests in learning and applying the coupling of Multiphysics models for battery system modeling
- Automotive industry experiences
- Advance statistic and machine learning knowledge
- Experience with analyzing actual product failure mechanism and ability to resolve product quality, performance and other technical issues raised by external or internal customers.
- Knowledgeable in battery manufacturing process with experience in handling the complexity, variability, limitations and opportunities in production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and provide technical directions.
- Demonstrated track record of project or personnel leadership.
Benefits: What we offer
As a technology leader with strong brand (i.e. VARTA® and OPTIMA®), Clarios notably lives on the creativity, capability and satisfaction of its employees. Therefore, we offer people with drive and power many good reasons to join us:
- Exciting professional tasks and challenges in a diverse international environment with strong commitment to integrity, values, social engagement and sustainability.
- Arrange your working hours and breaks flexible via our flexible and trust-based working hours model and combine your professional and private life even better according to our mobile work policy and company kindergarten.
- A competitive remuneration package, including additional payments such as holiday, Christmas as well as company pension scheme.
- Your well-being is very important to us: Take advantage of our preventive health care offers such as fitness center, physiotherapist, modern office environment, healthy canteen, team and company events or hobby clubs.
- Stay fit whilst at the same time positively contributing to our environment: Lease your company bike and use public transportation subsidized by Clarios (Job Ticket).
- Our well-advanced onboarding process and buddy program supports you to quickly grow into the position and team. By using the offering in our Internal Learning Academy, LinkedIn Learning and EMEA Mentoring Program you will be able to further grow professionally and personally.
- Last, but not least we support you in relocating and finding a flat in location surrounding if appliable and depending on individual factors.
Clarios ist der weltweit führende Anbieter von fortschrittlichen Niederspannungsbatterietechnologien. Wir treiben den Fortschritt durch immer intelligentere Lösungen für nahezu alle Fahrzeugtypen voran. Mit 16.000 Mitarbeitern in mehr als 140 Ländern bieten wir unseren Aftermarket- und OEM-Partnern fundiertes Fachwissen sowie Zuverlässigkeit, Sicherheit und Komfort für den Alltag. Wir tragen Verantwortung für unseren Planeten mit einem entschiedenen ESG-Fokus - wir fördern erstklassige Nachhaltigkeitspraktiken und setzen uns in unserer Branche dafür ein. Wir gewinnen bis zu 99 % unserer Batteriematerialien zurück, recyceln sie und verwenden sie wieder. Clarios ist ein Portfoliounternehmen von Brookfield
- SENECHardwareentwickler*in Leistungselektronik (m/w/d)Leipzig +1Automatisierungstechnik +3
- Akkodis Tech ExpertsEntwicklungsingenieur im Bereich Batterie/elektrische Energiespeicher (m/w/d)FriedrichshafenChemieingenieurwesen +2
- U.S. Air Force – Personalbüro Ramstein Air BaseIndustrieelektriker - Betriebstechnik (m/w/d)Ramstein-MiesenbachAutomatisierungstechnik +7
- U.S. Air Force – Personalbüro Ramstein Air BaseElektroniker (Tankanlagen) (m/w/d)Ramstein-MiesenbachChemieingenieurwesen +6
- Akkodis Tech ExpertsElektroingenieur (m/w/d) AutomotiveLeipzigElektrotechnik +2