At Clarios, we’re powering today, into tomorrow.
This position is responsible to lead activities related to design, development, cost reduction opportunities and generic analysis of lead acid products to meet customers’ requirements.
Responsibilities: What you will do
- Define, develop, improve, stabilize and support lead acid battery design and components to meet customer specifications and cost reduction targets
- Predict battery design performance and ongoing compliance also using computer modelling tools.
- Document and present new designs and change proposals for Design Review evaluation
- Responsible for small projects and Engineering project tasks and its accomplishment regarding planning, organizing, directing, controlling activities
- Guide program introductions according to Clarios program execution standards
- Report product validation progress to program management and other appropriate leadership levels on weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare design engineering plans, track progress, assure timely completion and achievement of project goals
- Design validation builds, testing and product documentation.
- Coordinate the product testing execution to fulfil validation plans
- Preparation and support of risk analysis (FMEA) for new or changed designs
- Cooperation with global Clarios facilities
- Provide technical customer support
- Support Application engineering (TAM)
- Support quality initiative to assure product performance
- Use mathematical models and statistical techniques to develop and launch new products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: What we look for
- Degree in chemistry / physics / engineering or equivalent
- English language skills at intermediate level, German is a must
- Solid years of Engineering experience or equivalent
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of all lead acid battery manufacturing processes
- Solid understanding of lead-acid battery design and function.
- Professional software skills (MS Office)
- Good communication skills
Benefits: What we offer
As a technology leader with strong brand (i.e. VARTA® and OPTIMA®), Clarios notably lives on the creativity, capability and satisfaction of its employees. Therefore, we offer people with drive and power many good reasons to join us:
- Exciting professional tasks and challenges in a diverse international environment with strong commitment to integrity, values, social engagement and sustainability.
- Arrange your working hours and breaks flexible via our flexible and trust-based working hours model and combine your professional and private life even better according to our mobile work policy and company kindergarten.
- A competitive remuneration package, including additional payments such as holiday, Christmas as well as company pension scheme.
- Your well-being is very important to us: Take advantage of our preventive health care offers such as fitness center, physiotherapist, modern office environment, healthy canteen, team and company events or hobby clubs.
- Stay fit whilst at the same time positively contributing to our environment: Lease your company bike and use public transportation subsidized by Clarios (Job Ticket).
- Our well-advanced onboarding process and buddy program supports you to quickly grow into the position and team. By using the offering in our Internal Learning Academy, LinkedIn Learning and EMEA Mentoring Program you will be able to further grow professionally and personally.
- Last, but not least we support you in relocating and finding a flat in location surrounding if appliable and depending on individual factors.
Clarios is the global leader in advanced, low-voltage battery technologies for mobility. We power progress through ever-smarter solutions for virtually every kind of vehicle. With 16,000 employees in over 140 countries, we bring deep expertise to our Aftermarket and OEM partners, and reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We answer to the planet with a rigorous ESG focus – advancing best-in-class sustainability practices and advocating for them across our industry. We recover, recycle and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials. Clarios is a Brookfield portfolio company.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please email Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com.
- BASFIngenieur:in / Rohrleitungsplaner:in im Chemieanlagenbau (m/w/d)Ludwigshafen am RheinChemieingenieurwesen +2
- BASFIngenieur:in als Sachverständige:r technische Anlagenüberwachung (m/w/d)Ludwigshafen am RheinAutomatisierungstechnik +3
- Chemieanlagenbau Chemnitz GmbHIngenieurin (m/w/d) Verfahrenstechnik für ElektrolyseanlagenChemnitzChemieingenieurwesen +2
- ZIEHL-ABEGGProzessingenieur (m/w/d) VerpackungsmanagementRottenburgMaschinenbau +1
- ThyssengasIngenieur Energiemessung für (grüne) Gase und Wasserstoff (m/w/d)DuisburgChemieingenieurwesen +2