Field Service Engineer - Control Systems (m/w/d)
What you'll be doing
- Prepare and execute the controls (electrical cabinets/software/PLC) part of installation-jobs.
- Conduct service visits.
- Troubleshoot production issues at customers’ sites.
- Manage local employees in larger installation projects.
- Keep in touch with, and report to the customer about your progress.
- Train the customer and feedback results to your colleagues.
- You will work in a team with experienced coworkers, both at customer site and in the office, who will teach you all the knowledge they have about our machines.
- Since you will be travelling globally, you will be away from home on a regular basis. To ensure you can also spend time on your friends and family, we have a clear schedule of our projects and travel. We take your holidays, important birthdays, and weekend trips into account when creating this schedule.To become the ultimate specialist in your field you will need to perform at customer’s site, we also schedule time for:
- Preparing your next project(s) and reporting on completed projects.
- Personal and technical trainings, both in the office and on the job.
- Regular meetings with your manager and the team.
You are passionate about technology, like to see the world and have a real service attitude. You are independent, flexible and stress resilient. Furthermore, you like to work hands-on, have an analytical mind and strong problem solving skills.
- Have a Bachelor degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or
- automation engineering, or a vocational level degree in the same area with several years of relevant experience.
- Have experience with or an interest in electrical cabinet (re)build, software installation/configuration, and/or troubleshooting PLCs.
- Knowledge of / affinity with Microsoft Server and SQL databases is an advantage.
- Affinity with process engineering and/or food production is also a plus.
- Have a good command of the English language
- Must have relevant EU travel and work documents
- Are willing to travel internationally (~50-60%).
Since we are looking for several Field Service Engineers, both young graduates and experienced candidates are more than welcome to apply.
We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself. This starts on you first day. You will receive an extensive, well-prepared onboarding period, followed by a function-specific development track of one year. You will be guided by our organization and an experienced coworker, that will teach you the specialist knowledge of our advanced equipment. On an annual basis, you will create a personal development plan so your professional and personal development are always top of mind.
Our informal culture offers you the opportunity to take your own responsibilities and show initiatives.
- ViGEMTestentwickler / Systemingenieur (m/w/d) im Bereich HardwaretestKarlsruheAutomatisierungstechnik +6
- HENSOLDTLieferanten Qualitätsmanager – Warengruppe Elektrik, Elektronik, Leiterplatten (m/w/d)OberkochenElektrotechnik
- Stadt KölnIngenieur*innen oder Techniker*innen oder Handwerksmeister*innen der Fachrichtung Elektrotechnik (m/w/d) in der Abteilung Betriebsmanagement bei der GebäudewirtschaftKölnElektrotechnik
- ViGEMMitarbeiter Technischer Support / Service Engineer (m/w/d)KarlsruheAutomatisierungstechnik +4
- EDAGSPS Programmierer* (m/w/d) Smart FactoryIngolstadt +3Automatisierungstechnik +3