- Energie- & Umwelttechnik
Job ID: 10486
Job Overview and Responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor to be located at our Soda Ash Power Plant in Rheinberg. As Production Supervisor you will manage the day to day operations on site. Your team of 40 strong work across 4 shifts with a Shift Leader in charge of each. This is a 24 hour hour 7 day busy operational site. This site has seen much investment over the last few years and in particular the introduction of a new biomass boiler, a decision that will cut the site's Co2 emissions by more than 30% while at the same time improving it's competitiveness.
As Production Supervisor you will be involved in:-
- Ensuring the steam and electricity production is at the required availability/levels at our power plant for coal / gas boilers and gas turbines.
- Managing the development of the Shift Leaders in order to ensure smooth running of the Power Plant.
- Control the preparation of start-ups, including the clarification and elimination of breakdowns.
- Support the on-site maintenance team by clear interface coordination.
- Participation in the on-call service
- Introduction and monitoring of the corresponding security standards
- Development of new ideas and problem solutions.
- Change and energy management for constant improvements.
- Development of optimization options taking into account the costs.
- Introduction of damage and maintenance documentation, management of change for the operating documents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Energy Technology or Process Engineering with a focus on Power Plant Systems and energy generation with the appropriate professional experience or comparable.
- Relevant experience in the operation of a Thermal Power Plant as well as in-depth knowledge of the basic processes and process engineering relationships.
- Good knowledge of automation and process analytics.
- Demonstrable experience leading a medium to large team of people.
- As a leader of people you will be willing to delegate, be a clear communicator and influential in core areas.
- You will be able to work well in teams, cooperate in projects with a strong sense of security.
- You will have good financial acumen and have an awareness of cost control methodology.
- You will have strong organisation skills, be a powerful facilitator and skilled negotiator.
- German as everyday colloquial language is required.
- Fluent English skill written and spoken round your personal profile.
- French language would be desirable but not essential