- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
COMPANY: BASF SE
JOB ID: EN58381335_ONLE_2
Digitalization is a key differentiator to position BASF as leading chemical company for our customers. We as Global Digital Services enable BASF’s digitalization. In agile teams, we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF and its customers, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes. We provide IT that works and offer know-how and access to latest technologies in the areas of cloud computing, blockchain or big data.
In our Computational Fluid and Particle Dynamics group, you will work in fluid dynamics research and development and focus on methods for the numerical computation of multiphase and reactive flows.
- You will define, initiate and manage research projects and design new methods to further develop this application area.
- Your expertise and results will be applied to research and production.
- Based on technical and economic considerations, you will suggest appropriate measures to ensure the successful implementation of your results.
- To maintain state of the art expertise, you will establish an expert network with operational units and scientific partners as well as monitor new practices, market trends and competitor activities.
- Degree (ideally Ph.D.) in process, chemical or mechanical engineering with above average results
- Sound knowledge in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and programming knowledge with C or C++
- Experience with modeling tools such as Fluent, StarCCM+ or OpenFOAM (advantage)
- Fluent communication in English and German (if you currently do not speak German,then you should be willing to learn)
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- International assignments where you will build networks and experience different cultures.
- An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company's success and your individual performance.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
Do you have questions about the application process or the position?
Julia Bräse (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005-58575
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.