- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
COMPANY: BASF SE
JOB ID: EN58905964_ONLE_1
The Process Research and Chemical Engineering Research Division brings together a variety of competencies, including inorganic chemistry, organic synthesis, battery materials research, catalysis, process development and technology, as well as technical services for laboratories/technical centers. In interdisciplinary global teams, we develop innovative products, processes and technologies for a sustainable future and work with internal and external customers.
In our research area Process Research and Chemical Engineering you will be responsible for research and development work on battery materials and their characterization with regard to applications in lithium ion batteries.
- Together with the laboratory team led by you, you will develop innovative material concepts and develop improved methods for material evaluation.
- An essential part of your work is an intensive global cooperation with internal partners from research and development, marketing, production and the patent system.
- In addition, you also supervise international research collaborations with universities and partners from industry.
- PhD in chemistry, materials science or physics with a focus on electrochemical energy storage
- proven experience in electrochemistry, electrochemical measurement methods and the development of battery materials
- experience in data analysis (e.g. via Matlab, Python or R) and/or in modeling and/or simulation of materials or processes
- monitoring and advancing progressive digitization in research
- knowledge in inorganic or organic chemistry, especially in solid state synthesis
- experience in handling standard IT applications and good English language skills
- team player with creativity and initiative as well as strong cooperation and communication
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one
- An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company's success and your individual performance
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Larissa Wiedenroth, Tel.:+49 30 2005-56384
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.