- Frankfurt am Main
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization and the leading digital reinvention partner to transform enterprises across multiple industries through cognitive. GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. GBS provides consulting services covering the complete process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation and operation of technical and commercial solutions.
In the digital era, we @ IBM are revolutionizing the way enterprise procurement works today. The combination of Advanced Analytics, Cognitive Solution Capabilities, and Data Platforms connecting data beyond enterprise boundaries will provide insights beyond anything that we know today. This requires procurement organizations to evolve to use this data efficiently and effectively to maximize their return on investment.
Our aim is simple – deliver value to top tier clients through innovation and excellence – and invest in our people to enable this to happen.
In your future role as a Cognitive Procurement Transformation Consultant you will work in stimulating, challenging and fast-moving environments alongside the best in the business. Whether you are helping our teams to develop a vision for our clients and define the blueprint for the future, shaping and delivering procurement transformations, or implementing procurement controls and technology improvements, you will have the opportunity to positively influence CPO agendas. We demand high standards from our consultants and in return we provide a dynamic, innovative and exciting place to work, and some of the best career development in the industry.
This role calls for a good knowledge of procurement operations and processes. You will have a track record of working for 2 to 5 years on transformation / innovation projects in either an operational procurement role or a consulting organization in one or more of: procurement transformation; procurement outsourcing; business performance management; supplier relationship management; source to pay processes and operations; and procurement systems and technology.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- An academic degree in business administration, preferable with focus on procurement and supply chain management
- A good understanding of underlying enabling technologies, e.g. SAP or Ariba
- Good communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret results clearly and cohesively into structured conclusions and innovative solutions
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural team and the ability to deliver results
- First experience in leading teams would be beneficial to the role
- Flexibility for continued business travel (domestic and international)
- English: fluent
- German: fluent