Be a Part of the Technology Revolution
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of an automotive technology company like Visteon. No industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. We are in the midst of a mobility revolution that will completely change the way we interact with our vehicles, reduce the number of car accidents and fatalities, and make the world a cleaner place.
Visteon is at the epicenter of this mobility revolution. Two major trends in the automotive industry – the shift to electric vehicles and vehicles with autonomous safety technologies – have created unique opportunities for Visteon. We are the only automotive provider solely focused exclusively on cockpit electronics – the fastest-growing segment in the industry.
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for developing the technical relationship between Visteon Engineering and the associated OEMs. This position is the primary customer interface for technical information up to and including sourcing. This involves pre sourcing, up front customer specific engineering development work, customer specific demonstration properties and technical quote documentation.
- Coordinate the quote process
- Lead multi-functional global engineering internal team and support customer meetings
- Establish and manage quote resources and workload, escalating if not supported
- Quote documentation: insuring timely completion of quote documentation such as customer presentation, technical proposal, manufacturing assumptions, engineering inputs
- Coordinate deliverables to quote timeline
- Ensure process compliance during the quote process
- Support customer milestones and ensure compliance to requirements
- Manage customer specific demonstration properties
- Leadership in problem solving design issues
- Years of Experience: 3+ years of Automotive Electronics: Displays, Cockpit Electronics, or Battery Management Systems
- Degree Strongly Preferred: Bachelor of Science (minimum), in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering, or related field with equivalent experience.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication skills; verbal and written with global cultural sensitivity
- Working knowledge of design of primary product lines
- Ability to consume customer requirements and communicate to quote team for quote guidance
- Familiarity with displays technology, IVI architectures, Instrument Clusters and Battery Management
- Ability to understand, at a high level, hardware, mechanical and software design details
- High Level system analysis
- Self-motivated with ability to lead a global team towards a common goal
More Good Reasons to Work for Visteon
Our company strategy focuses on leading the evolution of automotive digital cockpits and safety solutions. This strategy is driven by constant innovation, and you will support our efforts through your role. We are recognized across the industry for innovation. We have a strong book of business that is expected to drive future growth, along with a customer base that includes almost every automotive manufacturer in the world.
- EDAGKonstrukteur* (m/w/d) SondermaschinenbauBöblingen +1Maschinenbau
- EDAGHardwareentwickler* E-Mobility (m/w/d)DortmundElektrotechnik +1
- HENSOLDTBauteilemanager*in (m/w/d) Elektronik / Elektromechanik / MechanikOberkochenElektrotechnik +1
- Brunel(Junior) Ingenieur Fahrzeugtechnik (m/w/d)AachenFahrzeugtechnik +2
- Weidmüller GmbH & Co. KGJunior Hardware Entwickler * (m/w/d) für ÜberspannungsschutzPaderbornElektrotechnik