Graduate Program - Territory Sales Engineer (m/w/d)
Frankfurt am Main
This is a rare opportunity for graduating university students or recent graduates to develop industrial automation expertise and accelerate their career in technical sales.
You will interact with some of the brightest minds in the field and learn to sell AI-enabled state-of-the-art products.
Once admitted into this highly selective program, you will spend a significant portion of your first 6 months in intensive training at our headquarters near Karlsruhe in Germany. The training modules will include instructor-led lessons as well as in-field training.
Upon successful completion of the Sales Development Program, you will join one of the regional sales teams as a Territory Sales Engineer. The final location of your position will be mutually agreed based on your individual preference and Cognex’s business requirement.
Essential Functions of Territory Sales Engineer:
- Responsible for achieving a defined sales quota at both current and prospective customers in the designated territory
- Achieve activities-based business objectives including customer visits, new customer acquisition and new product introduction
- Prospect for new sales opportunities via cold and warm leads, cultivate sales leads, schedule customer site visits with the goal of ultimately obtaining a purchase order
- Travel to customer manufacturing facilities to demonstrate Cognex products and review applications/issues in order provide solutions to these applications
- Capture competitive data and continuously update other project details in CRM system
- Assist at trade shows and other marketing events to generate qualified leads
- Generate leads for other Cognex sales teams by collecting information on customer’s complex vision applications beyond the capabilities of assigned ID and Vision Sensor products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interested in career in technical sales
- Action and result-oriented mind set
- Ability to solve technical problems and learn new automation technology
- Ability to work independently in field sales environment with limited overnight travel
- Willingness to relocate and pursue career ambition outside of familiar surroundings
- Good listening communication skills
- Fit Cognex culture of Work Hard, Play Hard and Move Fast
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required
- University degree in electrical / mechanical engineering or business administration with a technical background
- No prior work experience in automation industry necessary
- BertrandtTestingenieur Elektromobilität (m/w/d)WolfsburgElektrotechnik +2
- BertrandtBerufseinstieg als Entwicklungsingenieur im Bereich Elektrik / Elektronik (m/w/d)MünchenElektrotechnik +1
- BertrandtBerufseinstieg Entwicklungsingenieur Elektromobilität / Batteriesysteme (m/w/d)UnterföhringElektrotechnik +3
- SENECElektrotechniker*in LaborKölnElektrotechnik +3
- Rheinland Kraftstoff GmbHProjektingenieur Elektromobilität (m/w/d)bundesweitBauingenieurwesen +2