Requisition ID: 2023-20568
Local Unit & Position Description
Bring a breath of fresh air into your professional life! Are you looking for a job, where you can be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations?
Would you like to thrive in a dynamic, international environment with lots of exiting challenges every day? Do you want to be part of a team of skilled colleagues and in a global organization where we work as one team? We invite qualified engineers looking for opportunities to join our team in Renewables Certification.
Renewables Certification (RC) belongs to business area Energy Systems (ES) with more than 4000 people globally. RC has the global responsibility for Type Certification (TC), Component Certification (CC) and Project Certification (PC) for Renewables within ES. Currently RC consists of 230+ experts with locations in Beijing, Boston, Copenhagen, Dresden, Esbjerg, Hamburg, Høvik, London, Busan, Shanghai and Taipei.
RC is the global market leader in the Renewables Certification market and is involved in 80% of Project Certification for offshore wind parks including offshore substations in the world.
We are looking for a wind turbine loads engineer. You will form part of a multi-disciplinary team engaged in design review activities related to onshore and offshore wind energy.
Your work will include some or all of the following depending on your competences:
- Review of load, control and protection documentation from wind turbine manufacturers and wind farm developers
- Independent load calculations using aero-elastic codes like HAWC2 and Bladed for onshore and offshore wind turbines
- Verification of load measurements of wind turbines
- Verification of site conditions for wind farms, including analysis of extreme wind speeds, wind profiles, turbulence and wake effects from other wind turbines
- Verification of metocean data, analyses and reports.
- Project management tasks for type and project certification projects
- Participation in development of DNV standards and other research-oriented projects
- Customer meetings
The work is organized in projects and the project team is established based on the competencies of the individuals.
- M.Sc. degree or higher in mechanical engineering, physics or a related discipline
- A profound understanding of structural dynamics, aeroelastics, control, meteorological and oceanographic
- Solid general wind turbine knowledge
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Relevant experience is a plus
- Strong customer centricity and ability to convey the added value of DNV services
- Self-motivated, independent person with an active interest in Renewables Energy
- Strong analytical skills and eagerness to learn and develop
- Working in a dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (hybrid working)
- Flexible working hours, the weekly working time is 39 hours
- Attractive salary incl. profit share and an employer-supported pension
- Further attractive additional benefits
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
- Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AGMaschineningenieur (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainMaschinenbau
- Applied MaterialsMechanical Engineer (m/w/d)HeimstettenMaschinenbau
- AKKA & ModisKonstrukteur (m/w/d) AnlagenentwicklungAugsburgMaschinenbau
- HENSOLDTWerkstudent*in (m/w/d) im Bereich Ausbildung Schwerpunkt Mechanik / MechatronikUlmMaschinenbau +2
- Schmitt EngineeringMechanical Design Engineer (m/w/d) eAxleHerzogenaurachMaschinenbau +1