Senior Battery Development Engineer (m/f/d)
Job ID: 305325
Kautex, a subsidiary of Textron Inc., is a global company with over 30 plants in 13 countries. As a Tier One automotive supplier, we support and accelerate the changethroughout the automotive industry with ideas being put into motion by those who are driving the future. A pioneer in the design and manufacturing of plastic fuel systems forvehicles -including hybrid vehicle applications -Kautex is expanding our portfolio to offer smart products. From battery systems for use in hybrid and full battery electric vehicle applications to autonomousvehicle cleaning systems, Kautex is committed to pioneering solutions for the era of new mobility. Even as we look to tomorrow, we still keep a sharp focus on thriving in the current business environment with our CWC(Campbell, Wyant and Cannon)facility serving as a leader in the production of iron camshafts and metallurgy. Our IP (Industrial Packaging)division produces high-quality products for alot ofindustries and is one of the prominent firms in promoting a circular economy with innovative recycling solutions. We keep sustainability at the forefront of our processes because our planet isn’t better unless we can be better.
We offer an international, family-friendly(Home Office optionse.g.), and diverse work environment in which you can help shape future success. Additionally, we have great career development opportunities with interesting and challenging projects, as well as various personal and professional trainings.
What awaits you as Senior Development Battery Engineer at Kautex:
- Responsible for new product development activities in the Innovation department with the focus on Battery Housings.
- Functional owner for Battery Enclosure System responsible for the execution of development tasks and concept development in accordance with the standard innovation project roadmap incl. budget, capacity planning and project reviews
- Support and enable the customer engineering teams to transfer knowledge and develop customer specific Pentatonic System designs.
- Check and approve designs against compliance with KT design and process standards
- Strong focus on technical system development in order to provide differentiation and IP protected solutions to our customers – with focus on battery systems
- Support design development, prototyping, validation and industrialization teams within Kautex to optimize and balance requirements to develop the best overall solutions.
- Develop and support the roll out of systems-based thinking and requirements to the customer business units
- Support EHS activities within the department to ensure both a safe workplace and adoption of safe working practices
To Be The Right Candidate, You Need:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, or Electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with high voltage battery enclosures/ systems
- Broad technology know how and experience within the field of battery systems for HEV and BEV applications in the automotive industry
- Focused in R&D or design & release is a plus
- Experience in structural plastic components utilizing compression molding, SMC, D-LFT and/or GMT processes preferred
- Knowledge of cylindrical or blade cell physical properties a plus.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate systems engineering activities and on project status.
- Proven skills in project management
- Fluent English language, German language skills are a plus
- Action oriented
- Self-Development/Learning on the Fly
- Team oriented
- Customer Focus/Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for results/Priority Setting
- Drive your own success story through technical and leadership development
- Diverse global team with opportunities for cross-functional experiences
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Worldwide development opportunities
- Excellent working conditions
- Flexible working hours (e.g., home office)
- Casual dress code, parking spaces, fitness center cooperation, language courses, subsidized canteen
Recruiting Company: Kautex
Primary Location: Germany-North Rhine Westphalia-Bonn - Holzlar HQ
Job Field: Engineering
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: First Shift
Job Posting: 08/19/2022, 12:24:03 PM
- Max-Planck-GesellschaftFeinwerktechniker*in / FH Physikingenieur*in (w/m/d)GöttingenMaschinenbau +2
- AVLSystemingenieur (m/w/d) Elektrifizierte AntriebeMünchenElektrotechnik +3
- PHOENIX CONTACT GmbH & Co. KGIngenieur für Verfahrenstechnik in der Elektronikfertigung m/w/dPaderbornElektrotechnik +1
- VTU EngineeringEngineering Manager für EPCM-Projekte im Prozessanlagenbau (m/w/d)DortmundMaschinenbau +1
- SENECHardwareingenieur*in (m/w/d) - Elektronische Bauelementebundesweit +2Elektrotechnik +4