Requisition ID: 2023-21979
Local Unit & Position Description
If you enjoy the diversity of an international team, a flat company hierarchy and independent working in an international environment, this role may be for you!
DNV Energy Systems will grow its business in the EU offshore wind market and therefore seeks a person to represent and accomplish services in the rapidly growing offshore wind and M&A market, with a strong focus on the German market.
DNV Energy Systems Renewables has been advising developers, owners, operators and financiers of renewable energy projects, specifically in onshore and offshore wind and electricity networks, to enhance our customers' projects, technology and operations. Team members provide technical advice to customers throughout the energy value chain.
We are now recruiting a Senior / Principal Offshore Wind Engineer with prior knowledge in renewable electricity generation, transport or storage, specifically related to offshore wind systems.
The role is permanent and initially ideally based in Hamburg or Oldenburg, with options to work from other DNV offices in Denmark, Poland or the Netherlands later on.The successful applicant will have a primary focus on the German wind market but will be working closely in collaboration with our Northern Europe team and colleagues around the globe to provide energy consulting services. Dependent on your background and interests your tasks will not only be limited to offshore wind energy, but could involve other renewables such as onshore wind, floating wind or solar, wave power and integrated energy systems as well.
We are looking for an experienced professional with technical understanding and knowledge who is ready to apply that knowledge in solving complex technical and commercial issues for our customers together with DNV’s world leading technical experts in multidisciplinary projects. You are highly committed to project deliveries and customer satisfaction. With an independent and pro-active attitude, you demonstrate strong initiative, an analytical approach and the ability to make efficient technical and commercial judgments. Others perceive you as a positive and motivating team player with a flexible attitude and eagerness to grow.
The responsibilities will be aligned with the applicant’s prior experience and work preferences and may include:
- Provide our customers with technical advice related to planning and development of wind farm concepts and projects
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors and support customers through the financial closings of projects and through the construction phase (technical due diligence services)
- Review construction contracts, supply contracts, contracting strategies and project procurement plans
- Perform market studies, legislation and regulation reviews and assessments, cost studies and technical assessments
- Customer contact and project management, including managing complex, technical projects from inception through to completion
- Follow market trends, discuss service offerings with customers, win new commercial or research projects
- Support or attend conference participation to represent services and capabilities to customers and stakeholders of the industry sector
- Support a dedicated business development team with market access, domain knowledge and customer contacts in the acquisition as well as after sales process.
- Bachelor or Master degree in an engineering field,
- Several years of experience in renewable energy, with knowledge in wind and preferably offshore wind
- Able to work effectively within a consultancy environment,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Fluent in English and German (Dutch, Polish or any other CEE language skills in addition are very welcome),
- Excellent ability to produce clear written reports and presentations in English,
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written),
- Able to co-operate well with others; shares knowledge, experience, and information; and supports others in pursuit of team goals,
- Fully aware of at least the high level schemes of the regulatory regimes in Germany (Denmark, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and Sweden are beneficial),
- Ability to coordinate several assignments in parallel and to coordinate projects in a multi-dimensional matrix organization with several stakeholders.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- A motivated and cooperative international team with acknowledged experts
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world.
- U.S. Air Force – Personalbüro Ramstein Air BaseElektroniker/ Energie- und Gebäudetechnik (m/w/d)Ramstein-MiesenbachElektrotechnik +1
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)Recyclingpotential von konzentrierenden SolaranlagenKölnEnergie- & Umwelttechnik +1
- Daume GruppeProjektleiter / Bauleiter / Projektingenieur Klimatechnik Lüftungstechnik (m/w/d)BerlinBauingenieurwesen +1
- AmprionReferent für Umweltschutz und Umwelt-/Energiemanagement (m/w/d)DortmundEnergie- & Umwelttechnik
- ENGIE DeutschlandProjektentwickler Energieversorgung Immobilienwirtschaft (m/w/d)bundesweit +8Elektrotechnik +4